Saturday, October 24, 2009

Where's my "Weight Knight "?

It dawned on me today that I fail to succeed because I am always waiting for someone else to get me there. And I am not suggesting that they need to do the work for me, but I excuse myself because I don't want to exercise alone, I don't want to cook a separate meal for me and my husband, or he serves me portions that are too big. My husband by the way is a REED, a very thin REED. If you see the weight loss commercial where she loses it in her chest, he is the guy that loses it all over. My husband has never been heavy, but when I began the weight loss journey, he lost the weight. Its depressing. But there I go again, waiting for my weight Knight to come in and take it all away, to give me the energy to get up and get moving, To plan all my meals, to even put in the sweat equity I need to get the weight off.

I can excuse myself onto the couch for eternity, and no one, absolutely no one can do it for me. They can't solve my problems, only I can. Its rather daunting but also quite exhilirating when you begin to see that you are the decision maker. You decide what you are going to eat, how you are going to shape your future. Its your choice. Its your future. Sure, my husband plays a great big role in my life. A rather wonderful one I might add. Its nice to be able to have excuses, cut myself some slack. But seriously its more than that. My marriage is wonderful and loving, and good. But it won't solve any problems. It won't pay the bills, it won't lose the weight.

I have to believe in myself enough to get the job done. Its time to get up and gain control of the things in our lives that have gotten so out of control. But here's my tip. Don't try to do it all at once. We set lofty goals that set us up to fail. Pick three things, three specific things and see how you do on those. And if you fail, keep it as one of your three until you succeed. I guarantee you, this life is a good one, let's make it great together.

My three things:
1) Organize and Clean One Room
2) Plan my meal menu for next week
3) Moderate exercie (I have pulled out my knee and its painful) What can it do to get some exercise since I can't hardly walk?

No comments:

Post a Comment